Is Indonesia rabies-free?
– Pet import to Indonesia is complicated because some regions of the country are rabies-free while others are not. Pet import rules to Indonesia depend on the area your pet is travelling to and the origin country.
Rabies-free areas of Indonesia are:
- Nusa Tenggara Barat
- Nusa Tenggara Timur
- Irian Jaya
- Kalimantan Barat
- Islands of the Sumatran area
– Pet dogs and cats from rabies-free countries can enter the rabies-free regions of Indonesia. The following countries are considered rabies-free by Indonesia:
Australia, Belgium, Bermuda, Brunei, Cyprus, Denmark, Fiji, Hawaii, Hong Kong, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Malta, New Zealand, Norway, Sabah and Sarawak, Singapore, Sweden, Taiwan, Turks and Caicos Islands, UK.
– If your pet is not on the list above, they need to be vaccinated against rabies to be able to enter Indonesia.
Indonesia does not require pets to be identified with a microchip when they travel to the country. However, it is advisable always to microchip your pet before travel. A microchip is a tiny electronic device that emits a radio frequency when a scanner passes over the chip. The microchip’s unique identification number is used to identify the pet. It helps reunite lost or stolen pets with their owners.
Vaccinations for pet import to Indonesia
All pet cats and dogs must be vaccinated against rabies and other pet diseases before travelling to Indonesia. Vaccinations protect pets from life-threatening diseases; it is one of the most important prerequisites of international travel.
Pet dogs travelling to Indonesia must be vaccinated against the following diseases. The vaccine must be current and be given a minimum of 30 days and not more than 11 months before travel.
Pet cats must be vaccinated against the following diseases not more than 11 months and not less than 30 days before travel.
Pets arriving in Indonesia from countries that are not rabies-free must take a rabies titre test before travelling. The sample for the test must be drawn 30 days after the rabies vaccination and more than 30 days before travelling to Indonesia.
Entry permit and health certificate
Pets travelling to Indonesia must be accompanied by a health certificate issued by an authorised vet from the country of origin. The certificate must state that the pet has been examined and is healthy and free from rabies and other contagious diseases. The health certificate must mention that the pet is vaccinated and that there have been no rabies cases in the four months before travel in the area where the pet stays. The health certificate must be obtained within five days from the date of travel.
The entry permit is issued by the Director of Animal Health, Directorate General of Animal Husbandry, Indonesia. Pet parents must apply for the import permit at least one month before travelling to Indonesia. You will need a letter of recommendation from the Directorate General of Animal Husbandry – Provincial Office in the province where the pet will be living to apply for the entry permit.
The following documents are required to apply for the permit:
- Copy of the pet parent’s passport
- Pet details
- Copy of the pet’s vaccination record
- Address and contact details where the pet will live in Indonesia
- Health certificate
- Rabies titre test results
- Recommendation letter
ASIAPATA’s reputable and quality pet transfer service to Indonesia
- For many years, we have been specialized in exporting and importing pets to and from Southeast Asia and all over the world, specializing in Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines,…
- Our network covers over 135 countries worldwide. Our specialist team has the expertise and ability to manage and arrange your pets travel wherever the destination, combined with our own staff located in Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok,…
- We are the preferred supplier of many businesses and individuals in the international transport of pets, we will surely satisfy you.
ASIAPATA specializes in transporting pets to all cities in Indonesia
International Pet Transport From Ho Chi Minh to Jarkata (SGN – CGK)
International Pet Transport From Ho Chi Minh to Bandung (SGN – BDO)
International Pet Transport From Ho Chi Minh to Yogyakartal (SGN – YIA)
International Pet Transport From Ho Chi Minh to Surabaya (SGN – SUB)
International Pet Transport From Ho Chi Minh to Semarang (SGN – SRG)
International Pet Transport From Hanoi to Jarkata (HAN – CGK)
International Pet Transport From Hanoi to Bandung (HAN – BDO)
International Pet Transport From Hanoi to Yogyakartal (HAN -YIA)
International Pet Transport From Hanoi to Surabaya(HAN – SUB)
International Pet Transport From Hanoi to Semarang (HAN -SRG)
Please contact us immediately so that your pet can experience the best service
Read more article about us at :