Brazil Pet Transport
Need to ship your pet to Brazil? Let our ASIAPATA pet transport team, provide door-to-door pet shipping and air travel services for your pet. Our professional team of experts will ensure your pet arrives safely.
Our Brazil pet transport service includes the following:
- Assistance with health certificates, import permits, and all travel documents and consular legalization (when needed)
- Transport to the airport and assistance until check-in if the pet is traveling as excess baggage with owner
- IATA approved travel crates and guidance on the size of crate to use for each pet
- Management of the process to export pets as cargo
Broker services are needed in ASIAPATA countries to export pets.
- For exports
- For imports
- Travel consultation and flight reservations
- Boarding services
Pet Import Requirements for Brazil
Import Permit: Pets entering Brazil do NOT require an import permit
Health Certificate: Original International Health Certificate issued or endorsed by the Official Veterinarian Service in the country of origin.
- The International Health Certificate must mention the country of origin and the country of destination (Brazil).
- The Health certificate must mention that the animal has been examined within 10 (ten) days before travelling to Brazil and did not show signs of clinical diseases of the specie.
- The Health Certificate for animals from countries that officially informed OIE of Rift Fever or African Horse Sickness, the certificate shall also contain the following information:
occurrences must also mention: there was not an occurrence of an outbreak of these two listed diseases in the last 3 (three) years and within 50 (fifty) km and the animals did not travel or stay in places affected by these diseases, in the last 3 (three) years.
- The International Health Certificate must have been issued no longer than 10 (ten) days before arrival to Brazil. There is no obligation of rabies serology for cats and dogs imported to Brazil.
- There is no obligation of specific treatments.
- If the Health Certificate does not present the Portuguese, English or/and Spanish version, an official translation may be ordered.
- Legalization is necessary only from countries that require the same procedure from Brazil.
Animals arriving at Brazil without the Health Certificate or with an inaccurate or incomplete International Health Certificate will be sent back to the country of origin, at the expense of the importer.
Rabies Vaccine: Certificate for Rabies vaccination (for animals older than three months, rabies vaccination is mandatory)
In case of first immunization against rabies, the owner of the animal must wait at least 30 (thirty) days before traveling to Brazil; In cases of booster rabies vaccine, the vaccine should have been applied for more than thirty days but less than eleven months of date of arrival in Brazil.
- Animals with age under to 3 (three) months, cannot enter Brazil
- Information mandatory in the Certificate for Rabies vaccination:
- Owner identification and address, animal identification, breed, sex, date of birth, coating color and size and a particular sign of the animal
Read more at